Monday, December 29, 2008

tongue

so I went to the doctor because the pain was unbearable, and the tension from trying to talk stiffened up the whole right side of my face and made my neck a little swollen. apparently I have a really bad canker sore caused by a virus (I guess I didn't bite my tongue, which makes sense because I didn't remember doing it, I just assumed that that's what the cause was)---the sore looks red and puffy around the edges so it's also possible it's a tad infected. they gave me an antibiotic commonly used for herpes: you can imagine how THAT made me feel, picking it up at the pharmacist! hah! but I guess cankers and cold sores are related, and cold sores=form of herpes. so I understand the medicine-connection.

they also gave me a powerful numbing gel. I was too scared to use a lot, but the tiny dab I put on the sore didn't really do anything, so in 4 hours (when I can re-apply), I'll use a little more until I find a good amount.

I had to leave work today because of this stupid thing (talking hurts and I talk a lot at my job), which I felt bad about. this guy Patrick was nice enough to come in and cover my shift, so at least I know they weren't short-handed.

so, back to work tomorrow. I'll shake this stupid malady soon enough! I shake my fist at canker sores strategically placed to prevent eating! bah! (although I was able to eat some chow mein and orange chicken... juuuust soft enough that I powered through the pain and got some solid food in me. hooray!)

back to bed.

No comments: