Monday, September 8, 2008

working girl

So! I forgot to mention where I am working now!

I am a Cafe girl at Barnes and Noble! (Which I think also means I technically work for Starbucks, since both logos are on my apron...?) Tomorrow is my first day on the job, so I'll be doing my training. I get to learn to be a cashier, barista, and a support person (that's the person who busses tables and keeps everything clean and readily stocked)... since in one day of work one person will do all three.
It seems very challenging and fast-paced but also very fun. I am looking forward to it! I just hope I don't totally suck... haha.

I bought work clothes today... three pairs of black pants, two black button-up collared shirts, no-slip restaurant-approved shoes, and a watch (because breaks are scheduled at very specific times so I have to watch the clock a lot).

My shift tomorrow is from 8:45am-1:00pm. I am happy about having the morning/day shifts because I'll be able to come home and have time to draw without interrupting art-time to go to work. I'd rather work daytime than nighttime, so I'm glad they need a day-girl :)

I am very happy that I got this job. It will allow me to remain creative without sapping my art-juices on other people's projects. I feel really gung-ho! I am so excited!!

:)
Cheers!

No comments: