Saturday, October 18, 2008

whistle while you work---or try to keep from swearing

Naw I'm just kidding, work is going fine :) Both kinds of work, actually! Today is one of my days off so I got down to another kind of business and did the line drawing for a dog portrait I was commissioned to paint. After I post on here I'm also going to clean up a sketch for another painting I am doing for a client. The dog piece looks really nice and I am excited to start painting it on my next full day off---which is Wednesday (well I have a day off tomorrow but a girl's gotta get some time to read, right?)

The Boyfriend has been working a lot this week. He got hired a few months ago at GameStop, and the manager had planned to take him to a new GameStop that was opening up in another part of town. But the store opening kept getting pushed back and back and Boyfriend wasn't getting many hours at the 'old' store because there was already a full payroll of employees. But this week the new store opened---Boyfriend worked Monday-Wednesday from 8am-5pm setting up shelves and getting the games and whatnot ready, and then has worked Friday, today, and will be working tomorrow as well... because now instead of being the reserve employee who snags extra hours, he's one of the main Game Advisors at this new store.
I am happy that he's getting more hours and in turn will be getting slightly heftier paychecks. But I miss him, too. :( It just makes me glad that both of us waited to get intensive jobs until I graduated college... because with me working as much as I do, and now him working a lot, if I had to go to school as well we would never get to see eachother!
As it stands we aren't getting a whole lot of time together, because I work 8am-4:20pm Monday through Thursday (or any other configuration of 4 days a week) and Boyfriend works afternoons and evenings usually.

Some days we are as ships passing in the night, me getting home right after he leaves.

But it does spur us on to saving up for our own place. Because if we lived together, we would definitely have time together before bed and in the morning. You know? So...we need to get on that. Our self-imposed deadline so far is August 2009 for apartment-age. I like to KNOW that I can afford things instead of just jumping in, so I figure that by then we'll have enough money saved up that we won't ever get into significant trouble.

Anyway!
Work on my secret project is going well. Some of the ladies at work have been asking questions because they see me working on it during my breaks. But I am really superstitious and I don't want people to know details because I don't want other energies to fiddle with my gung-ho energies regarding the work. So... it's going to be a secret until I can get it done :) And I have no idea when that will be!

My tattoo is healing really well! She is officially 3 weeks old! She's still a little bit raised but I'm hoping that it will go down within the next week. I love the new addition to my arm and have been getting a lot of compliments on her! But according to my impatient personality I am already planning ahead... I have the next 3 tattoos figured out already :P I have the money for two more but I am afraid to get the next one so close to the one I just got because my parents might kill me. So I have to weigh my options: getting two tattoos within 2 or 3 months of eachother and being super stoked vs. dying by my parents' hands. Hmm.
I know I'm 22 but I still don't want them to have heart attacks on my account.

Well! I should get back to work before Boyfriend gets home!

No comments: