Saturday, October 25, 2008

my belly is full

I drank my soda too fast and now I feel like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. "You're turning violet, Violet!" and all of that.

It's another Saturday here at the house. Boyfriend is at work, parents are in Vegas (my dad has a work conference and my mom went with), and the brothers are going to the movies with friends in an hour or so. It'll be nice to be here by myself. I can't tell you the last time I had the whole house to do as I pleased! I'll probably just stay in my room and work on my secret project, but it is nice to KNOW that I could do whatever I wanted and no one would stop me!

This week was pretty good. I had less hours than normal at work, even though only 4 less. It was kind of nice to go in later on Wednesday instead of opening. I felt like a college kid cutting class! I don't work this Wednesday at all, but I work Saturday instead, which is kind of a bummer. Watch, it will be the first Saturday Boyfriend doesn't work!

My job is the coolest in the world except for this one person working there. I won't name names or tell genders even, but this person is very condescending towards me and doesn't treat me very well. Work is golden until this person shows up, and then things go sour and I have a hard time getting my job done. On those days I usually leave feeling aggravated and upset. I don't know what to do about it, either. I am still the new kid and I don't want my managers to feel like I am the one causing problems. But this person really is making it a difficult work environment for me. This person treats me like I am stupid---and I assure you, I am not. I didn't graduate from university with a BA, Summa Cum Laude (GPA of 3.9 or above), by being of low intelligence. Making a mistake at my cafe job should not be an indicator of my mental capacity.

I just don't know what to do. Should I talk to a superior about this issue? Should I request to no longer be scheduled with this person? I don't want to make more work for my managers and I don't want to be a problem. But really... I love my job until I have to work with the person in question, and then I am miserable.

Anyway, it's time to throw in another load of laundry.

No comments: