Monday, August 18, 2008

Art Day Today

I did some art today! This is a piece I've been sitting on for some time, and today I was finally able to get right down to it and transfer/ink the image. I had some other things to get to today as well, so tomorrow is coloring-day.


She's a little centaur with a magic apple!


A rather blurry image of her upper half. I do not claim to be a photographer.


Her lower half.

Below are some photos of my "work space," aka: my bed. No, I do not have a usable art table. Woe is me, but perchance I will be able to get one when I can get myself an apartment!



My images start out as xerox copies of my sketches. I just scribble on the back with a 4b pencil and re-trace the lines. Some people don't like to transfer, but I think sketching is my best skill so I like to go directly from my sketches instead of re-drawing.


I believe I was watching "Locked up Abroad" on National Geographic at the time. I LOVE that show!

As I said, I'm going to color this piece tomorrow. I will also upload some sketches I did today--I scanned them wrong so I'll re-scan them tomorrow (the scanner is hooked up to my dad's computer and I already turned it off).

No comments: