Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Serra Got Her Groove Back!

Here are some sketches I've done lately. Apologies for some of these being kind of light, but my scanner is smaller than my sketchbook AND the scanner has distinct edges, so... makes it kind of hard to get a perfect scan :P For the too-light ones, just click on the image to see a bigger version. It's a little darker if you do that.


A character I've been developing named Abigail. Those faint things at her feet are mushrooms.


More Abigail. I've been trying to practice drawing characters multiple times and at different angles and have it still look like the same character. Since I usually draw single scenes this has never been a concern of mine, but now that I want to illustrate some stories, I should improve!


When I tried to think what my Muse would look like, this is what came out. I got tired of drawing before I could finish her other hand ;)

The following are from Challenge: Pet! over at the Art Challenge Blog I have with my friend Michelle. Check it out!: http://www.strangeladyartchallenge.blogspot.com



A fish on a leash!


Sadie's Pet Dinosaur


Some French Bulldogs. Since they are French I gave them some French accessories: a beret and striped shirt!

I've also been working on coloring that centaur I posted earlier. It's some slow going (I got distracted yesterday and didn't work on it like I had wanted) but it'll get done soon. I have the whole sky background colored, am going to do the grass and environmental elements later today, and then maybe color the centaur herself tomorrow after I come back from the dentist (filling, ugh).

In other news, I am feeling much back to my old cheery self. Some things were bumming me out, but I've learned to either accept them, or say "Screw that! I'll do it MY way!". Thus I am now a happy girl again!

On the job front, I have an interview with a children's art center/day care on Friday! And I'm still waiting to hear back from cool-bookstore-job.
Things are looking up! I don't feel like such a bum when I draw all day, either. So that's an improvement as well!

Hey! I shouldn't have to remind anyone but remember that these images belong to me! If I find out you stole them I'mma gonna hunt you down!

No comments: